I’m not moderating this blog to give out prizes to people who’ve been successfully socialized by healthist moral crusaders, nor shall I pander to their ignorance.
The modern notion of ‘health’ (and especially ‘public health’) is utter bullshit. Wake the fuck up instead of spreading your bigot-poison on activists trying to make actual positive fucking differences in people’s lives.
I know healthism has socialized you to police the so-called deviants of the ‘obesity epidemic’ moral panic (fat people, people who don’t/can’t run/walk ‘enough’ or in the right way, people who don’t eat ‘healthy,’ poor people, people from the ‘wrong’ genetic and social backgrounds).
I know that you’ve internalized healthistic oppression, and may even be undergoing an intense ‘health’ regimen as a way to earn a place of superiority in the paradigm — so you might have a lot invested in maintaining the narrative.
I don’t care why you have so much invested in marching lockstep with healthist crusaders. You’re a bigot, you’re wrong, and your words and ideals are hurting people (not helping them). Every single time you pre/append “For your own good!” to your bigoted deviant-policing spew, you’re no better than the legions of moral crusaders who came before you, and who made it their life’s work to prop up oppressive social institutions far worse than sizist discrimination. You might just be a larval bigot, but the same hate feeding full-grown bigots also feeds you.
In summary: back the fuck off and leave the activism to people who are at least trying to open their eyes to the unpleasant realities of our modern fucking society. Stop trying to invade every single space that doesn’t align with the conformist bleats of your flock. I understand that you’re afraid. Actual Fucking Activists pose an existential threat to people like you. That’s why you’re so quick to try to undo any positive work we do. But we’re onto you. And we’re never, never going to let your rank hate and fear dilute our message. No matter how loudly you bleat.
Interrogating healthism is important for activists and fatties as well. If anyone is interested in engaging in a critique of “health,” here are some books I’ve read and found useful, enjoyable, important, and cool. I’m happy to recommend more books on my reading list, interrogate health via tumblr or email, and explain science jargon in everyday language.
- andnonefornonsensebye reblogged this from skully-pens
- skully-pens reblogged this from fatbodypolitics
- maggiemunkee reblogged this from sleepydumpling
- chunlisa reblogged this from fatbodypolitics
- thebadassperger reblogged this from sleepydumpling
- ecouter-bien likes this
- rainbowsaresplendid reblogged this from hoardingspatulas
- rainbowsaresplendid likes this
- prossibly reblogged this from sleepydumpling
- solosige likes this
- hoardingspatulas reblogged this from sleepydumpling
- hoardingspatulas likes this
- madgastronomer reblogged this from sleepydumpling
- cupcakesandcrossroads likes this
- sleepydumpling reblogged this from fatbodypolitics and added:
- bodysexlovepositive reblogged this from fatsmartandpretty
- buttfacebutthead likes this
- unsuspectingfish reblogged this from fatsmartandpretty
- shadesoffantasy likes this
- beneaththeleaf likes this
- 6minus7s likes this
- radicallane reblogged this from sabelmouse
- sabelmouse reblogged this from fatsmartandpretty
- northclues reblogged this from heavyspray
- trenchantashell likes this
- hoidn likes this
- lilac-dreamz likes this
- manlymanrickyravage likes this
- heavyspray reblogged this from fatbodypolitics
- aliastriona likes this
- tavie likes this
- littletroublemaker82 reblogged this from fatsmartandpretty
- littletroublemaker82 likes this
- ididthatonce likes this
- farrahtales likes this
- clareer likes this
- scheisse-katze likes this
- c-ska likes this
- awkwardinnocent likes this
- dinosaurusrachelus likes this
- themonsterwithoutaname likes this
- sweetasspring likes this
- xchelsemilyy likes this
- celestial-fox likes this
- khaleesi likes this
- artetolife likes this
- zenwiccan likes this
- fresafresca likes this
- inkblossom likes this
- bettyrizz likes this